At Compass we put a big emphasis on Community. Not just Community within our numbers — but also engagement within the larger Community of Akron / Kenmore. To that end we work at participating in, advertising, and supporting where possible the activities in around our part of city,. Check out the calendar of events below….
Each year the staff has a theme that we try to work into various parts of the programming and events we plan. In 2019 our theme will be “The Color of Tears“. Every person of any race, any background, an status, any gender has those times in which they shed tears. No matter who or what we are — those tears are all the same color. No distinction. Our goal in 2019 is to anyone who is shedding tears find comfort and/or relief. We realize we cannot dry every tear — but comforting one hurting soul is worth the effort.
Here are some other upcoming events surrounding Compass …….
- November 20 / Tuesday 5:30 – 7:30 pm: Annual Community Thanksgiving Dinner.
- This event is a joint effort of the churches sponsored by the Kenmore Ministerial Association. More details coming soon. We would like to see Compass 12 pies and/or cakes.
- December 1 / 11 am – 3 pm Holidays on the Blvd.
- Enjoy an early exposure to the Holiday season with various organizations lining the Blvd with booths, displays, and activities.
- December 1 / 11am – 3pm Pokemon Go event.
- Know someone who plays the Pokemon Go game? Come explore the Blvd to experience newly created locations and characters put into the game just for this event.
- December 1 / 3pm – 5pm Shooter Sharp and the Shootouts
- This group has been a popular draw throughout the summer programming on the Blvd. Come experience their special “Christmas Set” at the Rialto Theater.
- December 2 / Afternoon: Time 2:30 pm. Keeping the Beat with Kristin/ Music Recital. Kristin J. Marquis (keepingthebeat.net) will be presenting her students in a music recital hosted in the Compass auditorium. Be watching for more details.
- December 15 / Open Tone Closing Program for Fall Semester:Open Tone meets from 9 am – noon. We are working on final details, but tentative plans are for a Concert / Performance Recital about 10 am followed by refreshments in the fellowship Hall. Donations of cookies or bottled water would be appreciated
- December 24 / Christmas Eve. That day the Compass building will be open from 3 pm to 5 pm for anyone wanting to come in and spend some time in Prayer and Meditation.
Southwest Church of Christ – Barberton: service @ 6 pmFirst Church of Christ – Barberton: service @ 6 pm
Starting Sunday, December 2 we will have a mail box and table setup for Christmas Card exchange. The idea is to bring in cards for fellow Compass attendees rather than mail them and put that money toward the work of Compass Christian. Be watching for the mailbox and distribution materials to appear.